Old July 17th 05, 12:27 AM

Thanks for the post Ken,

The software Ive developed allows greyscale conversion, but at the moment it
has minimal control over the greyscale image.

I will take a good look at the lost highlights/shadows feature in Photoshop
and see what I can do.

Currently I have it loading NEFs and converting them to Jpg/Tiff with the
same image quality of Nikon Capture. Still a lot to do though

Todd.
"Ken Tough" wrote in message
OxfordEye wrote:

I'm after some info/suggestions about how you use custom curves with your
raw
NEF files.

I am developing a piece of software

I'd appreciate any input or ideas you have.

I don't upload custom curves myself, but do a bit of custom processing
of the NEF for individual shots after the fact. In Adobe I like the
fact that you can see the 'lost shadows' and 'lost highlights'
super-imposed on the shot itself, unlike Nikon Capture where you have
to flip between different views.

The big thing I find Nikon Capture is missing compared to Adobe PS2,
is ability to convert to monochrome/grey-scale, with adjustable
intensity allocated to different colour bands (like the effect of
colour filters in film work).

--
Ken Tough