Old September 17th 15, 07:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default A question for Applefans

On 2015-09-17 17:42:25 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

Long ago and far away I dated a girl who was of Sicilian descent. I
was invited to their house for Thanksgiving dinner. Several
Italian/Sicilian dishes were served. I was completely full when they
cleared the table and brought out a turkey and the traditional
American Thanksgiving dishes.

The one thing you don't do in a household like that is not eat the
hostess's cooking. Not a Sicilian hostess's cooking. Not with three
large and menacing brothers and the father sitting there who were not
at all happy that the girl was dating someone who wasn't Sicilian.

That reminds me of an officer and sergeant I worked with. They were a
classic odd pair. The sergeant was a tall skinny white guy and the
officer was a short Hispanic with, to put it kindly, a low center of
gravity. They went on a hunting vacation together to Montana, and the
sergeant couldn't wait to tell us what happened when they had a meal at
a rural eatery.
When asked the officer, who was the only very obviously Hispanic in the
place, ordered chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes and qualified
his order with, "...but hold the gravy". The response to that remark
was for every stetson crowned head in the place to whip around to stare
at the individual who had dared to sully their eating place's gravy.

He was then asked what he would like to drink, and he said, I'd like a
glass of Zinfandel. The waiter looked at him and said, "What did you
call me? You'll have a beer, or whiskey like everybody else and like
it!"

It was one of those "a stranger walked into the bar" moments.

Savageduck