Old November 10th 08, 11:43 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Jean-David Beyer

Default Darkroom move

gr wrote:
Buerste wrote:
After building a great new darkroom a couple of years ago, I'm moving to a
condo. The only choice I have is to share the laundry room. It's plenty
big enough but the proximity of the dryer scares me. At least it seems void
of spiders. (my darkroom is plagued with them) What I did here was a
positive pressure using filtered air which worked well so I'll do that
again. The condo has electrostatic filtering that seems to work well. The
biggest thing that scares me is cleaning the pull-out lint filter on the
dryer. Maybe a sprits with a spray bottle will keep the dust down. I'm
doomed.

If you turn the dryer on, with the heat off, then pull the lint filter
(may have to press an interlock on the door), the suction will pull most
of the dust dislodged by moving the screen and send it out the vent.

Maybe so. So why not remove the filter screen and let all the lint go out
the vent all the time? Because it clogs the vent, promoting a fire hazard.
Your suggested technique would just be a bit slower.

^^-^^ 06:40:01 up 3 days, 16:24, 4 users, load average: 4.46, 4.87, 4.95