Old November 29th 11, 12:09 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

Default [SI] Bowser Retiring

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 20:11:53 -0500, PeterN
wrote:
: On 11/25/2011 7:13 PM, Bowser wrote:
: On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 12:06:21 -0500, PeterN
: wrote:
:
: On 11/25/2011 11:33 AM, Bowser wrote:
: On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 19:10:41 -0500, Walter Banks
: wrote:
:
: I am sorry to hear that. You have brought us some interesting mandates
: and attracted some interesting submissions. I know that the monthly
: stream of abuse and whining makes you feel sore and tired.
:
: Honestly, the trolls have nothing to to with it. I just feel I've gone
: stale, and the shoot-in needs something new. It's been a good run, and
: I've enjoyed it, but I need to step aside.
:
: FWIW, I think anyone my age has had to deal with the likes of 'net
: trolls for their entire life. Their like is nothing new, and they'll
: be around forever, internet or not. We've all had to deal with those
: whose entire lot in life seems to be to tear down what others
: accomplish, while they themselves accomplish nothing. They need to
: knock someone else down in order to make themselves feel better. They
: come from all walks of life, and are, at best, pathetic. I've chosen,
: for the most part, to ignore them.
:
: I plan to continue tp participate in the discussions here, and I'm
: hoping someone else will give it a go with the shoot-in. If not, no
: big deal. There's lots of other "shoot-ins" available, like the
: challenges on DP Review. But even those have gone stale and some of
: the topics haven't even drawn a single submitter.
:
: Anyway, I plan to try and shoot a few pix for the last mandate, as
: always, and wait for the comments that usually follow, which are my
: favorite part. Always nice to hear another opinion, positive or
: "constructive."
:
:
: Take it from me, I for one appreciate what you have done.
:
: Walter..
:
:
: Bowser wrote:
:
: OK, this mandate is my last. I'm looking for someone to take over the
: Shoot-In, so if you're interested, let me know and I'll arrange send
: the account passwords. No reason, I'm just tired of doing it and I
: think it needs some new blood.
:
: I understand burnout well. But the trolls accelerate the process, no
: matter how much you claim they don't.
:
: Truth is, it was them who kept me going for a while. Their constant
: whining about the shoot-in gave me all the reason I needed to at least
: attempt to keep it going. If I could **** them off one more day, I
: feel I succeeded.
:
: They remain irrelevant to me, really.
:
: NYC, eh? Hmm..... I'm only 255 miles away.
:
:
: Set a date by email. I will give you availability. Also, we try to spend
: some time in Maine, or Upstate NY, which is a lot closer. But that's not
: until at least late June, at the earliest.

IIRC, June is when the Ansel Adams exhibit begins at the Peabody Essex Museum
in Salem.

Bob