Old January 24th 05, 05:04 AM
Sheldon

I'd still like an opinion on NikonView for converting NEF files. I've heard
it's better than PicturePerfect and as good as that $99 program Nikon sells
(just for file conversions). I think it's a free download.

"Ken Tough" wrote in message

What I would like, ideally, is a slimline program that will open
a NEF file, let me adjust saturation of the red/green/blue channels,
contrast and white balance, crop and save as JPG. I don't want my
images organized for me, or any auto-corrections.

From what I've seen, PictureProject isn't worth loading for me.

Is NikonView any better? Looks to me like it's just a previous
version of PictureProject. Do I need NikonCapture? What about
IrfanView, I've heard good things there but can I change the
parts I want to change? What's the most basic PhotoShop I'd need,
if I had to go that way?

--
Ken Tough