Old January 24th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.large-format,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Default The worst lens you ever had ... a collection of stories

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
ink.net...
The best and worst of anything are ultimately matters of
taste and experience. As there is no accounting for
taste and experience is what life deals you we should
not argue about someone's nomination.

What is/are the worst lens/es you every took a picture with?
Leaving out the plastic-fantastics: Dianas, Empire Babies and
their cousins.

I think the Russians/Ukrainians have that market sown up (with Chinese
closing fast). One of the first SLRs I owned was a Zenit with some atrocious
58mm lens (whose name now mercifully escapes me) my father smuggled from
Poland back in the early 70s. Well, it was great for portraits. It was the
first in a series of Eastern European gems he brought back over the years
including Kiev & Leningrad (or was it Stalingrad?) so I got to be pretty
familiar with their "quality" which later helped me appreciate real quality.

Natural Light Black and White Photography
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze76ane/
-George-