Old April 23rd 17, 08:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Film scanners?

On 2017-04-23 05:12:17 +0000, android said:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , Ken Hart
wrote:

that I will stack up against an
equivalent digital print- not a screen image, but an actual
print-on-paper, framed and hanging on the wall.

you will lose.

Show me. I'm in southwest IN, near I64 & I69. Bring some of your 20x24
enlargements and we'll put them next to mine.

completely meaningless comparison.

the proper comparison is to have everything matched except for the
variable you wish to test, which in this case is film/digital.

that means the same photographer shooting the same subject in the same
lighting with the same camera settings using similar equipment (same
format size, same lenses if possible, etc.), one being film and the
other digital.

it does *not* mean different photographers shooting different subjects
under different lighting conditions with different cameras, lenses and
settings.

OK, we can do that test if you want. Last weekend of June meet me on
PA74 at the top of the Tuscarora Mountain in south central Pennsylvania.
Bring a 24X telephoto and a very good tripod. I'll be using a Canon
1200mm f/11 on a Sanford & Davis tripod.
From there we can go down to the Juniata River and shoot on the Canal
walk. A wide angle would be good, 35mm or 28mm.
Finished comparisons will be based on wall-sized enlargements 16"x20" or
larger. Prints from negatives will be optically printed.

*whoooooooooooooooooosh*

Come to think of it... This is a text based group 'n such and the topics
ARE mainly technical and posting pictures is really not a requirement
for posting and taking part in the discussions, but: WTF do you shoot?
Care to share some info on that so that we can help you better? ;-))

iPhone

Oki... Kinda dunn, me thinks but there could be a challange in that!
And that's soo totally inovative. You know shooting iPhones I mean:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=iphone&iax=1&ia=images&iaf=size%3Aimagesize-wallpaper

So that's all that he shoots?
--
teleportation kills