Old April 4th 10, 08:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

Default a portrait - Ellen DeGeneres (link fix)

alt.photography out

Paul Furman wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
Savageduck wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

I've always found DeGeneres to have one of the most interesting
faces in
the E crowd. This quirky portrait highlights her eyes beautifully.

Link fixed:
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...len1-popup.jpg

Cover your ears.

AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaggh!!!!!!!!!!

I take you're not a fan? This is about the photo, not the person.

I gotta say that pic makes her eyes look freaky, like they dialated her
eyes then used a high powered ring light or something. Ah, OK there's a
catch light right in the center of the pupils...

Ugh. It 'highlights' that her eyes are too small for her head, or her
head too large for the eyes if you prefer. I would have lit it to
de-accentuate that "feature."

--
john mcwilliams