Old July 24th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Graham Fountain

Default Creating true B&W prints from Digital

I had the following thoughts on how to create a true B&W print from a
digital image, and was wondering if anyone here had tried it or what
your thoughts are on the technique. If someone has tried it and it is
hopeless, then I won't fork out the $$ to try it myself. Basically my
idea is to invert the image in whatever photo editor software to create
a negative image. Print this negative image at the output size on a
piece of transparency paper. Then contact print the negative image on
B&W paper and process as per normal.
I can't see why it wouldn't work, although I don't know how the quality
would compare - I wonder how a contact printed 8x10 inkjet negative
would compare to a 35mm neg enlarged optically.