Old January 30th 05, 06:20 PM
Heinz Grau

Hi Steve,

for me it's adequate, the Woodman has quite good movements for its price
(and weight). But if you want to go into indoor architecture, you will need
more movements and an exchangable bellows, so you can use a bag bellows with
your wideangle lenses. This may be the case for citiscapes, too, where you
sometimes cannot move away from your objects.

"Steven Kefford" ""keff.antispam\"@ f2s.com" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Heinz Grau wrote:
As said in previous replies, it is important to know what you are

planning
to do in LF. Start reading some books.

An example: I do mainly landscape and a little bit architecture, and I

need
a portable gear for backpacking in the mountains. So I bougt a used

Woodman
camera, which is lightweight but has some limitations (bellows draw). I

use
a 90mm and a 135mm Congo lens, and a 150mm and a 240mm G-Claron. All of

them
are relatively lightweight, and I carry with me only those I plan to use
(sometimes I am wrong).

Heinz,

I am also considering getting into LF, and I would be looking mainly at
landscapes, with a bit if architecture/cityscapes. Do you find the
amount of available movement with your camera limiting, or is it adequate?

Steve