Old September 12th 18, 12:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
dale

Default Just a question

On 9/11/2018 12:18 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
This is intended as just a question, and not a position taken on
either side.

Adobe has provided a short video on the later-to-be released
improvements on Content Aware Fill in Photoshop.

It's available to watch at:
https://petapixel.com/2018/09/10/pho...eid=b307a66a15

or http://tinyurl.com/ybv32cks

The question is "Do improvements like this take away the skill aspect
and enjoyment of Photoshop for you?"

In other words, is it going to less rewarding to you to improve your
skills in using Photoshop if the improvements mean no skill, or
considerably less skill, is required to do what now takes skill?

Oh, the final product will be done faster and better with the
improvements, but the challenge of learning how to use the present
available tools is lessened.

What's more important to you? The final result, or the accomplishment
of having to hone your skills to get to that final result?

with any starting point you can always add your art, I prefer a choice
of starting points ..., if I had to choose I would start with "accurate"
.... with an abstract profile you turn "accurate" and "look and feel"
into your own starting points

--
dale - https://www.dalekelly.org/
Not a professional opinion unless specified.