Old September 11th 18, 08:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dale

Default Just a question

On 9/11/2018 2:53 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 14:06:38 -0400, Neil
wrote:

On 9/11/2018 11:52 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 10:48:07 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Neil
wrote:

What's more important to you? The final result, or the accomplishment
of having to hone your skills to get to that final result?

I suspect that depends on the one using the product. Those whose main
requirement is productivity will appreciate the automation. Those who
are primarily artists may find the automation to be an obstruction
because it may take longer to execute their work as they intend.

there is no obstruction. those who want to use the new features can do
so and those who prefer to use older methods can continue doing what
they've been doing. the choice is theirs. some might use a mix of both.

Well, it didn't take long for nospam to find something to argue about
and to take the opportunity to state the bloody obvious.

It seems that it is impossible in this group to find something to
discuss that nospam can't find a reason to join in contentiously
without making any contribution of interest.

It appeared to me that your question was based on using the new tools,
not avoiding their use and working as though one didn't "upgrade" to a
newer version of the app.

No, not really. It was just a question about if people feel the
"quick and easy" use of the Photoshop tools takes away the
satisfaction of putting in the time and practice to become proficient
with the tools. Does it remove the challenge of acquiring a skill
set?

Of course I know that the user can choose whether or not to go the
"quick and easy" route. That needn't be stated. But, some may feel
it detracts from the pride one feels in mastering tools in order to
get the desired result.

There is a starting point either way ...

--
dale - https://www.dalekelly.org/
Not a professional opinion unless specified.