Old November 15th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Javier

Default Selecting new digital camera

Thanks Philippe, how would the image quaility compare to the
point-an-shoot canon cameras? I'm just wondering if there's a
difference between say a PowerShot 8.0MP Digital Camera A630 other than
physical size and the fact that the PowerSHot has 8MP.

Thanks again,

Javier

Philippe wrote:
Javier wrote:
I'm in the market for a new digital camera and I'm wondering if I could
get some opinions on the Canon 6 MP PowerShot S3 IS Digital? My first
choice was a Nikon D50 but above my budget. Is there any advantage of
using the Cannon S3 over say a smaller (body wise) point-and-shoot
camera that supports the same amount of mega pixels?

Thanks,

Javier

the S3 is a wonderful camera imho.. In that price range (sticking with
Canon) is also the G7. The main feature of the S3 would be it's 12x
zoom.. Things to beware on the S3 are higher noise at the 400/800 ISO
but otherwise I'm quite happy with my selection.

P.