Old November 9th 17, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Jupiter photos

On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 07:58:15 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 9 November 2017 14:20:16 UTC, Mayayana wrote:
"David B." wrote

http://www.sci-techuniverse.com/2017...just-sent.html

| Fascinating images.

Except that the colors are made-up,

all colours are made up, it;s what our eye does, colours don;t really exist.
But I do no what you mean the colours are used to sperate things that are going on making them easier to see. A bit less crude than a highlight pen :-)

so what
you're really seeing is sci-fi fantasy.

Not really it's being able to see more wavelenghs or more information than the human eye could actually see.

Itls a bit likke claiming that bats don;t fly at night because you can;t see them in the dark, in ordee to see how they fly yuo could use infra-red light with an infra-red sensative camera, you'd see bats flying but not their correct colour.

It;s a bit like teh link below we can;t see carbon dioxide in the air but colouring it makes it easier to see and understand,

So as long as you appreciate this there shouldn't be a problem.

Except that is not any sort of a photographic image. Its a computer
generated diagram based on observational data.

On the
bright side, NASA images are public domain
by law.

Eric Stevens