Old March 15th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Canon 5D price drops

Canon has one of the shortest "new" product marketing cycles of any vendor
out there. Price drops in the Canon line often signal the end of a product
life-cycle. Not to worry: if Canon follows its usual practice there will be
a newer and "better" 5D which, like many "new" Canon products is mostly a
new box and a tweak to the software interface. The constant appearance of
seemingly "new" products boosts the image of Canon as a relentless
innovator, and they have brought some innovative products to market, but
most of their product line is recycled and evolutionary, rather than
innovative.
That being said I would still get a 5d if I could find a way to use it with
my closet full of Nikon lenses.