Old November 11th 17, 04:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Ripe Apples

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 21:08:31 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

They must be doing something right. They have twice the market share
of Apple.

market share doesn't matter and apple doesn't chase it anyway.

apple, with it's supposedly 'low market share', is on the verge of
becoming the first *trillion* dollar company, while hp, with 'twice the
market share of apple', is but a tiny fraction of apple, currently
about $35b.

if anyone is doing something right, it's apple.

But it's not with desktop PCs.

How have you worked that one out ?

Sticking with subject of Dell vs Apple the data in the following link
(previously deleted by nospam) explains why I made that remark.

"They must be doing something right. They have twice the market share

once again, market share doesn't matter.

apple is about to become the first trillion dollar company, with it's
'tiny' market share.

But they are not a trillion dollar company, just with PCs.

$896.81 billion, as of now.

my guess is it'll hit $1t by feb, 2018, possibly sooner.

Bar in mind
it was PCs we were discussing.

which includes macs, and you've even argued that a mac is a pc.

PC as in personal computer - yes.

in fact, some people buy a mac to run windows and *not* mac os.

apple has enough cash to buy dell *and* hp.

you also might want to actually read the url *you* gave:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/...of-worldwide-p
c-m
arket-as-windows-continues-to-cede-share-to-the-mac"
Apple continued to grow overall Mac marketshare during the March
quarter as most leading Windows PC makers suffered significant
setbacks, according to the latest research data from Gartner and IDC.
Meanwhile, according to Gartner, Apple's worldwide shipments advanced
1 percent year-over-year to 4.6 million during the quarter, giving it
a 7.1 percent marketshare. HP by contrast saw units slide 9 percent,
while Lenovo dropped 7.2 percent. Dell lost just 0.4 percent, but the
only major PC maker to see growth was Asus, up 1.5 percent.

Yep. I read all that. I didn't try to quote it selectively the way you
are prone to do.

translated: you ignored the key parts that contradict your prejudices.

I haven't ignored any of it. In fact all I did was refer you to it.

That's enough of this nonsensical argument. You are running in
circles.

Eric Stevens