Old June 25th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Photographing the Sun

No, not madness.

Last week I was pointed in the direction of Baader AstroSolar Safety
film. Some details at
http://www.baader-planetarium.com/sofifolie/sofi_start_e.htm

I managed to get this image using safety film on an EOS 350D with a
70-210 Sigma zoom at 210, F5.6, 1/800th:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75234631@N00/173742103/

It seems there's not much going in in Sunspot land, but there is some
limb darkening going on.

I thought it may be of interest, particularly to those of you with
something with a longer focal length who are interested in something a
little scientific - at 210, the disk is still too small for my liking.

Andy