Old August 5th 10, 02:20 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Peter[_7_]

Default Picking Lice With The 70-200 VR2!!

"tony cooper" wrote in message

If I ever post an image of a rare tree snail, it will an image that
*I* took and an image that is presented without false claims of being
deliberately degraded. If it has been altered (as my recent violinist
photo was), that fact will be stated as full disclosure. I'm not
trying to fool anyone.

Tony,
If an image is presented as a pictorial, why do you feel disclosure of
things like a background change is necessary. I think that if you are
presenting a PJ shot, where background is a part of the scene, or a pure
nature shot, no alteration other than normal adjustments should be made. for
purposes of my comment I define "normal adjustments" as one which enhances
the image without changing its essential message. IOW the reason the shot
was taken, should not be altered.
If I am presenting a pictorial, I think anything goes.
That of course, is just my opinion.

I can understand if you are

--
Peter