Old June 25th 04, 05:34 PM
Alan Browne

Default [SI] Local Culture - comments from a rank amateur.

Colm wrote:

I suppose someone needs to test the water on this one, so here goes.
Bring a pinch of salt and pull over a chair.

Alan Browne:
Nice shot, nice house. Technically a fine shot. It's the kind of shot that
would have benefitted hugely from a little human interest imho. Someone
standing at the doorway would have been ideal.

Thanks. However this house would be best shot around 0600 with
the sun rising to the right front. The shingles still have a
slight yellow/amber hue in them that is washed out with the sun
this high. The fieldstones also have a yellow/amber in them that
is not completely told here. I shot this at about 1400. I agree
wrt human interest, however the few there looking at me were a
bit hostile. Probably expecting me to show up with phots to sell...

Cheers,
Alan

--
--e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.--