Old May 30th 09, 12:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Jeff R.

Default Anyone remembers those old soft and hard camera cases?

wrote:

In the old film cameras era, I recall that when you purchase an SLR
camera, it usually comes with a soft or a hard (leather) case. The
case is attached to the camera via a screw to the tripod mount at the
bottom of the camera. I wonder why they do not have any more of this
type of camera case?

Largely because all of the dSLR's "real estate" is occupied with controls,
wheels, buttons and a huge LCD screen. You would not be able to operate the
camera whilst the case was attached, unless it resembled a few thin strips
of leather.

So... a camera thong?

--
Jeff R