Old July 25th 04, 07:36 AM
Jon C

Default REQUEST: Recommendation for U/W dig camera/housing

Quiet Voice wrote:

Greetings:

I'm interested in soliciting recommendations for a digital U/W
camera...either a standalone camera -OR- normal surface camera with a
U/W housing.

I *was* looking at the Reefmaster DC310. But I saw a bunch of negative
comments about earlier Reefmaster models here on USENET. So I thought
I'd get a few recommendations first.

Ideally, I would like the camera to use compact-flash mem cards simply
because that's what I have now and it would be nice to have something
compatible. Also, it would be nice it the camera had some capability
for shooting video too. And of course, avalability of accessories
(such as a strobe) is also a consideration.

I currently own a Minolta Dimage 7Hi. My search for a housing for it
turned up only one listed as being manufactured by an outfit in
Germany.....and I have not found ANY distributors for it. If anyone
knows of one, I'd be interested in that info as well.

Thank you!

I have a Canon A75. Takes great pics, lots of great auto and manual
options (including an underwater mode), $170 housing, uses CF cards.