Old January 31st 04, 03:05 PM
Largformat

Default Newbie question: lenses

PS

Hi. I'm brand new to LF, and just bought my first camera and lens. I have a
question about the lens, a Schneider Angulon 90mm f/6.8. I know it's old;
the serial number is is mid 5 million, making it a two years my senior. The
trouble is, I can't seem to find any information about it on the web. What I
did find conflicted with everything else. I'm looking for just the angle of
coverage and coverage at infinity focus. It was mere curiosity before; now
that I have it in my hands, I'm concerned. I have loupes with more glass
than this lens has; it's not at all what I was expecting. Is this reasonable
for a 4x5 wide angle lens? Will I get reasonable coverage and movement on
4x5? The camera hasn't arrived yet, so I'll have to wait a few more days to
find out. In the meantime, you can help drive me crazy with more rumors and
suppositions. What can you tell me about this lens I
bought?

I might suggest getting one of these books as they might be helpful as you dive
into large format

User's Guide to the View Camera by Jim Stone

Large Format nature Photography by Jack Dykinga

Using The View Camera that I wrote a few years ago.

All should be available from Amazon.com

There is another book that some people suggest called View Camera Technique. As
a reference this is very good. As a starter book it is a tome.

steve simmons