Old October 14th 04, 04:28 PM
Judson McClendon

Default Modify jpg DPI info without recompress?

I have JPG images produced by a camera that malfunctioned and wrote bad
DPI info (eg. horizontal vertical), and I would like to be able to change
the DPI info in the JPGs without recompressing. I would write a program to
do it, but I don't know how to locate the DPI info in the JPG files. Can anyone
point me to a free program that does this, or to a format description of JPG
files so that I can write one myself? If I do write one, I'll be happy to make it
available for free download, if anyone is interested.

Thanks!
--
Judson McClendon (remove zero)
Sun Valley Systems