Old September 25th 17, 03:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

Default Affinity Photo for iPad

On 2017-09-23 17:49, Davoud wrote:
Alan Browne:
I can't speak about Affinity, but I can say that I will never buy an
Adobe photo editing product again.

Stop me if you've heard this one.

If any of the following is true

€ you are a professional
€ you are an amateur
€ your photographs are important to you
€ you have a large number of photographs to manage
€ you prefer doing things the easy way

then you are cutting off your nose to spite your face if you are
boycotting Adobe for some reason.

Not at all.Â* I have CS5 and that is more than sufficient for 99.99%
of what I do.Â* (Which even includes occasional paid photography).

What I do not support is rental s/w.Â* That's Adobe's new path.Â* If I
were a full time photographer, then I'd go for it.Â* But "renting"
spinning s/w that I don't use for stretches is a stretch.

Meanwhile other suppliers are coming out with competitive products
that do as much as most people need.

Discussed and closed before.Â* That's it for me.

I like the concept of choice. Each of us should use what they feel
more comfortable using. The preceding sentence applies to cameras,
software, and computers.

Has nothing to do with "comfort".

Sheesh! For a bit I thought Tony Cooper was responding. :-)
Obviously I used the word "comfort," in the sense that the user likes
using it, and the product does the job to the user's satisfaction.

--
PeterN