Old August 10th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

Default Thouoght I'd share some pictures

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 18:47:50 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:
: Tony Gartshore wrote:
: In article ,
: says...
: Dennis wrote:
:
www.dspappa.com/eyestravel/index.html
: Please don't. While posting an image or two for specific equipment
or
: technique discussion is welcome, posting of entire collections just
for
: the hell of it is not.
:
: All he's posted is a link to his website...
:
: The point is to not post pointless posts directing to a website for that
: purpose alone. Posting photos directly to this ng (as an attachement
: aka binary) is also not permitted by the NG charter. (2nd link below).
:
: Posting an image link to discuss an issue with equipment or technique is
: another matter as stated above.

Fair enough. But where is the prohibition against posting a link to one's
pictures? What is your definition of the words "permitted" and
"encouraged" in
the following quotation from the newsgroup's charter?

"Can we include photographs with our postings to r.p.d.slr-systems?

No. The charter of the newsgroup prohibits the attaching of photographs
and
other attachments (usually referred to as binaries.) However, posting
links to
photographs is permitted, even encouraged whenever discussion of a
particular
problem or desired result are discussed."

Bob

Alan should probably take his PBase link off his sig then?