Old October 13th 14, 02:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

Default Is RGB to Lab lossy? - was( Lenses and sharpening)

On 10/11/2014 12:20 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

The fact is that very little can be done in any plug-in that can't be
done in PS.

completely false.

if that were the case, then there would be no need for plug-ins.

Bad logic. Some plug-ins allow for faster processing. Also, do learn to
read, I said nothing about speeding up workflow.

Almost anything can be done in both RGB & LAB. LAB is a lot
easie, and faster for some processes.

very few and not without a cost.

You just don't know how to use lAB, and won't admit that.

that gives more flexability, which is a good thing. Getting into a tool
war, is meaningless, unless there is a reasonable accurate description
of what eah plug-in does.

Habing said that, I am annoyed that the oil paint filter was removed
from CC 2014.

third party opportunity.

Yup
--