Old March 17th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Large fiber-base paper?

In article ,
(Thor Lancelot Simon) wrote:

Do you know if K&M still has it, and if so, if they have it fresh?

Don't know their stick status, you can email me direct if
you wish. But I can check when I return as of monday to see who has
bought it recently, usually K&M would supply it to the bigger printing
places in NYC. The rolls are available for Poly graded Warmtone & Poly
graded Neutral FB & RC. In both surfaces - Glossy and Semi matte.

I can't imagine I will have a need for four rolls any time soon,
particularly if the material is the warm-tone paper and not the
Bromofort. Is it graded, or VC?

The Bromofort would be a special special order as no one orders
it,....I toyed with doing 16x 20 sheets at one point becuase I like it!
but the requirement of 5 fifty sheet boxes dissuaded me.

I have had mixed experiences with K&M in the past; they're not bad
folks, but when there have been supply issues with various materials
only they stock (or only they stocked at the time), they've sold me
stuff that I thought was perhaps a bit past its prime. Of course,
these were materials I couldn't get _anywhere_ else (e.g. semimatte
Bromofort in c. 1993) so perhaps I should have been a bit more
careful, myself.

IIRC;

K&M- FYI was the first importer of Forte, they brought the paper in
from the start, I don't know exactly how it happened but they lost the
initial distribution, It went-K&M, GMI, Satter, Omega-Satter.
--
The things we hate most in life often turn out to be a mirror image
of ourselves. Better not to hate.

Findmedirectly - "infoatgregblankphoto.com"