Old September 25th 18, 02:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Ping Tony Cooper

On Sep 24, 2018, Tony Cooper wrote
(in ):

On Mon, 24 Sep 2018 16:23:55 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

I thought that you might find this interesting. A new Fujifilm X-T3 owner
trying the new 30fps burst mode, with appropriate AF-C& tracking in the X-T3
at his son’s football game at Wheaton College over the weekend, posted
this
series on Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30161756@N00/albums/72157700104730751

I just shot part of a game Thursday night and caught middle grandson
(#9) flagrantly fouling a defensive player (#54) on a punt return.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Current/i...18-09-21-8.jpg

I'm still using my Nikon D300, so I'm very limited at weekday games.
The D300 is incapable of low-light photography at a fast shutter speed
at any ISO, and I'm done shooting about half time at a game that
starts at 5:30.

The X-T3 with its new *Back illuminated Sensor* (BIS) has inproved low light AF
performance

This grandson is on the (high school) freshman team, and his
year-older brother plays JV. That game starts after the freshman game
is over, so I never get photos of that game.

The punter in the Wheaton shots is a good example of 30fps series
because the photographer can isolate one player that he knows will be
a good subject, but he did miss the toe-on-the-ball shot. He got the
laces on the ball on what was probably not that good a punt. Looks
like it would go out of bounds to the right.

Well, it was his first use of his new camera. ;-)

What that pfs would be good for is following a pass receiver and
hoping for a fingertip catch.

When I lived in Chicago, Wheaton was considered to be the Oral Roberts
University of the Midwest.

The existence of Wheaton was a revelation for me, as was the school his son
attends,Millikin University. They were visiting Wheaton for the game.

Savageduck