Old January 14th 18, 08:06 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Jeff

Default Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

Eco Clean wrote in
news
- Jonathan N. Little wrote:

No, PowerPoint *can* be used to do it, but a drawing program is
*perfect* for making sign. The word is "vector".

http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/vector

Raster has scalabliity issues...

Sample vector programs:

Illustrator, CorelDraw, Inkscape, ... closest thing MS made was
Publisher.

While PowerPoint isn't free either, the point here was not to need to
buy anything that we didn't already have (this is, after all, not a
business).

Everyone has PowerPoint, but very few people who are working on this
have professional drawing programs, which is why they stuck the
so-called "computer whiz kid" with the task of figuring out how to make
the signs.

I think I have the process working fine now, as I've already "printed" a
half dozen templates since last night, but the *next* step is the
killer.

Cutting the smaller letters with an Exacto knife is just too difficult.
So we're going to have to forgo the smaller letters.

Is there a way to print *directly* to plastic clear sheets using a
standard laser printer? Printing to the plastic might be easier than
transferring the paper to plastic and then cutting the plastic
templates.

What you are asking for is overhead projector tranparencies. These can be
printed on a laser printer.

https://www.staples.com/overhead+pro...ectory_overhea
d%2520projector%2520transparencies