Old January 14th 18, 08:01 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Eco Clean

Default Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

- Mayayana wrote:

And that worked fine? Then how about this:
Glue the results directly to the sign with spray
adhesive. Then cover it with sheets of adhesive
plastic laminating sheets.

I'm not familiar with these sheets of adhesive plastic lamination sheets,
but I'm willing to use them if they'll weather years outdoors in sun, rain,
and snow.

Googling for these 12" by 18" sheets, are these what you mean?
[https://www.staples.com/self+adhesiv...nating+sheets]

Not exactly slick looking, but neither will be
ythe spray painting.

I think the spray painting should look professional, if we do a good job
with the painting.

We can laminate over the painting with your idea of those 12"x18"
laminating self-adhesive sheets.

Do you have a recommended supplier for those 12"x18" laminating sheets?

It gets complicated. If you have a 300-pixel-
wide image and print at 300 dpi, the result will
be 1" wide. But if you're using software and telling
it to print the size of the page, the software will
be resizing the image before sending it to the
printer. As Jonathan pointed out, that will probably
make for inferior results at some point, depending
on how big you made the original font.

The original font is a true type copyrighted but free road sign font.

Spray paint cans? It sounds like a hard job to
do well. Dripping. Overspray under the template.
And that's after the tricky task of cutting out
the letters.....

I agree with you that the spray paint will be the hardest part.
I'd prefer vinyl letters but that's hard to do from home.

That's why I suggested stick-on letters or
gluing the printed sheet down directly.

Vinyl letters cut with a laser would be perfect except that they don't
exist for home use that we know of.

The problem is the sizes needed, and the availability and price of the
letters.
[https://americansignletters.com/vinyl-letters/]
[https://www.alphabetsigns.com/signs/...ettering.html]
[https://www.signs.com/vinyl-lettering/]