Old January 28th 04, 03:20 PM
jjs

Default Will we always be able to buy film?

In article , "Jim MacKenzie"
wrote:

I think his point was that if someone makes a then-modern replica of Kodak
Tri-X in 2075, it will still be usable, just as the modern replica musket is
usable today. It would appear there is far more practical purpose for film
than muskets, and yet muskets still sell.

_Real_ muskets were each hand-made and different, lock, stock and barrel.
If something broke, a new part made had to be hand-made. Then Sam Colt
implemented standardized parts, mass production, interchangability, and
the craft of musket making all but disappeared. So now any moron can buy
and shoot a musket. Rather like photography. Sometimes this place has the
feel of a gunshop with broke tramp wannabes hanging around with nothing to
do but get in the way.