Old February 9th 19, 08:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Depth of field - two of them?

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 03:00:12 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Friday, 8 February 2019 02:01:13 UTC, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 05:28:11 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
wrote:

Well you haven't come up with any other solution that seems viable in the real world to why yuor ipad and desktop are showing difernt speeds.

I've already mentioned wifi. There is competition from two
neighbouring houses plus the attenuation caused by the structure of my
own house, acording to where it might be.

So nothing to do with the ipad then

I never said it was, except to the extent that it uses wifi while my
desktop is hard wired.

it;s a wifi problem that if yuo used yuor PC on wifi yuo;d get the same or similar problem, which you;d also get with any andriod device or ANY other device on wifi.

My desktop is not wifi.

what are yuo using to test.

Speed testers offered by several local ISPs.

Are you using 2G or 5G or anyhting else on the iPad that's the options I have in the UK, it could be differnt in the US.

It's certainly different in New Zealand.

I'm betting my iphone7 is faster on wifi than your desktop is, wanna do sone tests, but I'd suggest that would be a bit unfair due to servers and location.

I don't spend all day carrying out speed tests.

It take sabout 30 second on a mac or iPad it should take a similar time on a PC provided it stayed up and running that long ;-)

It's the overall
combination of touch screen vs keyboard and the user interface
provided by the software.

No it isn't

You are getting as bad as nospam.

You don't seem to have done any sort of testing, if I found 2 devices that had such differing network speeds that I didnlt understand I'd want to find out why.
I've had speeds on my iPad of over 180MB download.
My desktop Macs can be faster but only if using a wired cable.

I AM using a wired cable. T1000 hooked up to highspeed glass fibre.
Only the iPad has to use wifi.

Yes as do smartphones and most devices that are thought of as portable.
That ios NOT the fault of the device but a faulty user.

So use this https://www.speedtest.net/
and post the results and I'l see if my mac and phone speeds are compared to your PC and iPad.

It's nospam who is seeing my comment as an attack directed
at Apple.

You did seem to direct it towards the iPad .

It's the only tablet I own.

So you can't compare it with anything else then can you.
How about your phone or other PCs ?

It's slow because it relies on a wifi link. My desktop is many times
faster.

So did you compare yuor desktop wifi and the ipad wifi. ?

The desk top was on wifi. The speeds were comparable with those on the
iPad but I still found the user experience more desirable on the desk
top.

Whatever that means is irrelivent to the facts and figures.
It;s smilar to camera I prefer using a proper camera b ut I donlt want to carry one around with me every day, but I'm happy enough with the results from my iphone for general usage.

wifi is almost always slower than an ethernet cable.

I know.

But don't understand why it seems.

Eric Stevens