Old September 4th 10, 11:40 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Paul Giverin

Default How to use a hand light-meter?

In message , Darkroom User
writes

I posted this question in the darkroom discussion group, but was told
it
was not the appropriate group to post, so I will try here in the film &
labs section instead.

I saw your original post and it made me smile. I've been lurking in that
group for a year or so. It gets about one post a month which is quickly
followed up by a reply stating that the original post was off topic for
the group.

I know that constant OT posts can be a pain in high volume groups but in
near dead groups its not a big issue. You have to wonder if the reason
the group is dead has something to do with the anal replies from the one
or two remaining regulars.

Anyway, I enjoyed your question. I'm still trying to work out if its
worthwhile getting my own light meter repaired. Its a lovely old Weston
Master V complete with invercone which I picked up for a few pounds.
Unfortunately the selenium cell is just about dead and the cost of
getting it replaced is approaching the cost of a modern lightmeter.

--
Paul Giverin

My Photos:- www.pbase.com/vendee