Old March 28th 13, 02:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Frank S

Default Pocket camera

"ray carter" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:06:09 -0600, MaxD wrote:

I'm looking for a subcompact camera, a pocket camera.
I don't intend to "create memorable images" or take portraits, just
want
something I can "whip" out of the pocket and take a snapshot.
Preferably
not over $250. I had a Canon Powershot SD 780 that served me well but
dropped it...disastrously. :-(
*small* is the key word here.
Any recommendations?

The wife has a Nikon S6300 - fills the bill quite nicely.

I have a recent ancestor of these Panasonics:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-.../dp/B00ATE7TQA
https://panasonic.ca/english/audiovi...ries_specs.asp

Note the "tough features" near the bottom of the chart.

--
Frank ess