Old May 20th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr

Default Convert to the FZ30

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

snip

I'm just used to the M rangefinder and never really liked the focusing
attributes of most SLR's. I sorta wish that Leica would make a digital
M camera that works exactly like a manual system except that it has a
digital full frame sensor. Wow! That would take it to 20 to 30
megapixles which would approach that of film resolution...

Unlikely until new sensor technology is developed. Canon's full frame
DSLRs only go to 16.7, and you pay more than 6000 bucks for one of those.

Making a full-frame digital M that will work with the existing lenses is
a tall order apparently.

I'm sure it is. Still, one can dream. After all, Kodachrome 25 is long
gone and in the old days was my mainstay for serious work.

But in retrospect, who would have dreamed of computers zipping along at
better than 2 Ghz with four gigs of memory high gigabyte capacity hard
drives?

JT

(Who started out with a C-64 and thinks that it might be time for a belt
of Pinch..)

The first time I bought a 1 GB SD card I sat there chuckling at the thing
for about 20 minutes. I remember when several large mainframe shops put
together wouldn't have had that kind of capacity.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate