Old July 16th 04, 11:45 PM
Michael Scarpitti

Default Toe speed of TMAX 400 (was fridge and heat problems)

Peter De Smidt pdesmidt*no*spam*@tds.*net* wrote in message ...
Michael Scarpitti wrote:

Peter De Smidt pdesmidt*no*spam*@tds.*net* wrote in message ...

Michael Scarpitti wrote:

Probably because you don't understand that it messes up VC paper by
lowering the contrast in the areas where the stain is heaviest
(highlights). If you use a staining developer, use GRADED paper only.

Duh. I just said that PMK lowers highlight contrast with vc paper. The
stain acts much like a green filter. About using PMK with VC paper, you
must know much more about it than Gordon Hutchings, who developed PMK,
wrote a carefully detailed book about it, and makes better prints than
Mikey can even dream of.

I'd sure like to see his 35mm street work. You make me laugh.

I've seen some of Mikeys 35mm "Zoo", oops, I mean "street" work. What crap!

Mikey, maybe you should try pouring syrup on
that polar bear.

Oh, so a man jumping over a puddle represents a more important
historical event? On what grounds is that true? The lighting in HCB's
puddle-jumper is not even interesting.

When did I ever say that HCB "puddle-jumper" is a photograph that I
admire? I don't particularly like it, but in any case it's worlds
better than anything that Mikey has shown.

You wish. It's nothing special at all.

Delta films have S-shaped curves. Ilford has not had to change their
papers like Kodak had to, because the Delta films do not suffer from
the problems that T-Max films do. Get your facts straight.

You've clearly never used Ilford RC paper.

Oh, so you have been in my darkroom? What are all those packages of MG
IV then?

Have you run sensitometric
tests with it? I have, and you're FOS, as usual.

No, I make prints, dumbass, I don't run tests. WHY THE **** would
Ilford adapt their paper to T-Max? Ilford Delta films have quite a
different curve shape from T-Max films. You're impossibly dense. Go
jump out of a thirty-story building and do us all a favor.

-Peter