Old February 27th 12, 02:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Kodak to stop making digital cameras

In article , Chris Malcolm
wrote:

I guess I must have been very lucky. I bought a cheap low-end Android
smart phone. Every app in it, and every app I've downloaded into it,
has always launched faultlessly whenever I tap the icon. Nothing has
ever crashed. What amazing luck! For a fraction of the cost I got
something that works as well as an iphone!

how is it a fraction of the cost? the price of android phones and
iphones aren't that much different and the price of the service is
going to be the same no matter what phone you have.

That may be the case now where you live.

it is.

And don't forget the cost of applications etc..

you can't count apps in the price of a phone since not everyone will be
buying the same apps.

nevertheless, if you were to buy the top 100 apps on both platforms, it
would cost quite a bit more on android than on the iphone:
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/02/...ps-cost-2-5x-m
ore-than-iphone-apps/

In the U.S., for example, the cost of purchasing the top 100 paid-for
apps in the Android Market is $374.37 -- an average of $3.74 per
app.*The top 100 iPhone apps would cost $147.00, or $1.47 per app.

THe costs then were far from the same where I
live. The differences caused some friends of mine to switch from
iPhone to Android when upgrading. I don't know any who switched the
other way.

i know several iphone users who switched from android once the iphone
was available on verizon and later sprint. they only had android
because they wanted a smartphone and did not want at&t.

i also know a few android users who used to have an iphone. one bought
an android phone because of the 3d camera (htc evo 3d).

i don't know anyone who switched because one was cheaper than the
other. it was either they wanted a specific carrier or they wanted a
specific feature.