Old May 30th 08, 08:41 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Peter Chant[_2_]

Default Borders / framing

krishnananda wrote:

For square shots I generally use a vertical format paper, such as
11"x14". I either center the image on the page with wide borders top and
bottom and skinny borders left and right. I always use a ground-out
negative carrier (or a glass holder) and print with a thin black border
around the image, sometimes including the edge markings of the negative.

I assumed if printing a square image on rectangular paper a vertical format
would look better than horizontal. Don't fancy putting 'fake' edges on
existing prints. Suppose I could see if I could try to devise a neg
carrier so I could scan the edges...

How this translates to digital printing I have no idea, but if you fix
the link I'd be glad to look at your stuff.

Cheers. The white ink line I suppose is a straighter version of your thin
black border - I suspect more regular than the edge from your neg carrier.
Don't fancy generating a more uneven border digitally - would seem a bit
dishonest to me.

Perhaps I should just fire up the enlarger. However, I'm not good at
printing and it does not help for colour!

Thanks.

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk