Old January 7th 08, 12:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Andrew Haley

Default New photo printer

Not4wood wrote:

"Not4wood" wrote in message

Yeah, I finally had a chance to look at [ the R800 ] and it looked
good but for some reason I wasn't impressed, and then I ran into
the Epson Stylus R1400 and R1800's and I am stuck drooling over
these. Does anybody have them, heard about them and are there any
problems with them??

LOL, sorry I left off that because of the price I wasn't impressed.
For that price I could go for the larger printers.

Yea, that is true. It all depends on what you need. The R800 is the
smallest in Epson's range of UltraChrome pigment ink printers. It
can't easily be compared with any printer that uses dye-based inks, or
one that uses earler generation pigment inks. This combination of
wide colour gamut and print longevity can't be obtained any more
cheaply, as far as I know.

Andrew.