Old November 30th 13, 08:06 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

Default Zone VI Archival Print Washer Parts

wrote in message
Does anyone know how to control the overflow? When the
water reaches the top it pours over onto the floor. I
hope someone wil reply.
thanks,
Victoria

I have a large Zone VI washer although I haven't used it
for a while. I always put mine in the bathtub. The only way
I found to prevent overflow is to adjust the filling rate to
it doesn't. In fact, from experiments I made long ago with
dye to determine the time it took the water to change I
mostly ran it to deliberately overflow. These washers work
OK but are not wonderful. For single prints I mostly use a
tray with a Kodak Print Siphon in it. This works quite well
for single prints or perhaps a tray with a number of small
prints that can move around freely, but is not so good for a
stack of larger prints. There is probably an ideal print
washer but I've never seen one.

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles
WB6KBL