Old January 13th 21, 02:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Morro Bay State Park Marina Pano

On Jan 12, 2021, Bill W wrote
(in ternal-september.org):

On Jan 5, 2021, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

A 180º aerial pano from my Mavic Air 2 of the Morro Bay State Park marina.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor.../O/DJI_0011Pmb
1.jpg

What would cause that one stitch to not line up (towards the right side)? The
clouds appear to line up, but the ground doesn’t at all. Everything else
seems to be lined up.

As for that one glitch I have no logical explaination other than the gimbal might have been hit with a gust of wind at the moment the shutter tripped. I am always amazed at just how stable it is even in strong wind, a veritable midair tripod with no visible means of suspension. Those 180º panoramas are made up from a 21 frame mosaic which is stitched in-camera with the DJI proprietary software.

Here is a clip from my controller screen capture video to give you some idea of the process.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work-2021/i-Bqbh7fK/0/2b91acc4/1280/PanoC1_mp4-1280.mp4

Savageduck