Old May 20th 17, 06:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Is Your Browser Color Managed?

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| My browser is Firefox and I believe it is color managed.

Still a small factor, I think. People have different
OSs, different monitors, different monitor settings...

exactly the problem that colour management solves.

If a page depends on the browser recognizing color
profiles then the webmaster doesn't know what
they're doing.

nonsense.

it show that the webmaster *does* know what they're doing and that they
want people to see accurate images, which is why the images have
embedded profiles.

Webpages are simply not designed
for that kind of precision.

your webpages might not be, but plenty are.

Nor are computers, for
that matter.

nonsense.

It's one thing to calibrate your own
computer to your printer.

and the wrong way to do it.

It's another to expect
that you can pass on that accuracy to someone
else's machine.

something which works quite well.