Old May 14th 17, 08:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

Default For those Who Care to Play: Acros SOOC + RAF

On 14/05/2017 02:27, PeterN wrote:
On 5/13/2017 5:36 PM, David B. wrote:
On 13/05/2017 16:44, PeterN wrote:
On 5/13/2017 2:58 AM, David B. wrote:
On 13/05/2017 01:30, PeterN wrote:
On 5/12/2017 7:14 PM, David B. wrote:
On 12/05/2017 15:50, PAS wrote:
On 5/12/2017 3:12 AM, David B. wrote:
On 2017-05-11 13:19:43 +0000, "David B."

On 2017-05-11 07:31:32 +0000, Bill W
said:

He's probably smart...

He is an old P-47 & P-38 fighter pilot who survived two
tours in
WWII. So he is pretty smart.

He's certainly is most fortunate to still be here!

Are you aware of THIS place?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambri...y_and_Memorial

I wasn't until now. Thanks for that bit of information.

You are welcome. Following all the trauma of organizing my son's
funeral, we had a 'spare' day. My wife and I went to visit
Cambridge for
the very first time in our lives - and took a ride on an open-top
tour
bus. After reviewing the various universities, the bus left the
city and
eventually stopped outside the American Cemetery. We were
invited to
leave the bus and go and explore - but we simply could not,
knowing so
poignantly how much sadness the parents of those young men must
have felt.

I am really sorry to hear that. You and your wife have gone
through
the worst possible experience.

I appreciate your understanding.

Thank you, Peter.

I am sorry also to be hearing about this David. I have no words
and I
certainly cannot put myself in your shoes.

Even though Nick died way back in 1999, I still sometimes find it
troubling to talk about it. The biggest problem was/is that there was
absolutely no one to blame.

I appreciate your 'hug', though, PAS. Thanks. :-)

Last year our daughter contracted pneumonia, she was in a medically
induced coma for almost three weeks. Originally her doctors were not
optimistic. Fortunately she recovered. The side effects are expected
to be around for about another six months. Her company was self
insured and they couldn't have treated her better. At one point it was
thought that she needed helicopter transport to Yale New Haven, at a
cost of about $50,000, and they would have picked up the tab. Her CEO
went to visit her in the rehab facility. The next day she was doing
her rehab at home, with private therapists. It gets me upset to even
think about that.

Only another parent could understand the pain and anguish you have
experienced, Peter. I most sincerely hope that your daughter makes a
full and complete recovery. When next you see her, give her a hug from
David here in Devon! :-)

I don't have any idea about the odds of this happening, but my
sister-in-law, my wife's sister, lost _her_ second son, Jack (17), in a
car crash about three years after we lost Nick. You can no doubt
imagine
how we felt when attending the funeral of our nephew.

The death of a young person, for any reason, is tragic.

Indeed it is.

My wife's cousin's wife, then 26 with a young baby had terminal cancer
and wanted to make her funeral arrangements. The both asked me to go
with her, as her couldn't. That was one of the hardest things I ever
had to do. She made it almost a comedy. The funeral directer asked
where the deceased was, she stated: "I am the deceased."

Perhaps she, like me, believed that death is the beginning, not the end.

Sadly, life is a dying business. It's just a matter of when.

I often think about the message in this poem:-
http://www.footprints-inthe-sand.com...=Poem/Poem.php

--
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footprints_(poem)

For me photography is a release from harsh realities.

I'm glad it helps you.

When working on an image, the roof could fall in,and I wouldn't notice.
when I am relaxed here's what comes out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lr9nqqco7f45zbe/savanah_0160_1through%20Monet%27s%20Eyes.jpg?dl=0

You're another Van Gogh! :-)

http://www.vangoghgallery.com

And when concerned, i express it thusly:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nt2c9t7h2k7qrni/fishy%20Dahlia.jpg?dl=0

Wow! I puzzled over the image for a while.

I had a notion that things were just a little bit fishy - THEN I spotted
the name in the top left corner - "fishy Dahlia.jpg"

EXCELLENT work, Peter. :-)

I trust that image is hanging on a wall in your home!!!

--
The only people who make a difference are the people who believe they can.