Old May 5th 05, 08:41 PM
Dave Martindale

"Randy W. Sims" writes:

It's hard know what to keep. Some are obvious. A particularly warm smile
or expression. A humorous pose. A landscape that appeals to you on more
than a superficial level. It's the others that are hard to let go of.
I'm not sure I trust my judgment yet on what I might like tomorrow.

I just distinguish between audiences.

For *myself* I keep virtually everything. I may toss images that are
hopelessly out of focus, or unrecoverably mis-exposed, but I keep
everything else. Storage is cheap. (And I have all of the film
negatives I've ever shot since high school filed away in binders too).

On the other hand, when selecting images to show *someone else*, I'll
pick only a small number that show what I want to show, only one from a
similar group of images, etc.

Essentially, stuff to show someone else needs to be selected and
organized, while what I keep is just a collection that doesn't need to
be organized.

Dave