Old May 5th 05, 04:12 PM
Dragan Cvetkovic

Alan Browne writes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/05/fa.../05photos.html

May 5, 2005
Stop Them Before They Shoot Again
By AMY HARMON

[snip]

MICHAEL KUKER, 31, does not see a problem with that. He has deposited 9,946
images on his hard drive since buying a digital camera two years ago. The
no-risk nature of the technology, he said, has emboldened him to express
himself. He shot 200 pictures of a bridge in Redding, Calif., and saved
them all.

"Once it hits my computer, it stays, even if I don't like it," Mr. Kuker
said. "In a historical context, 20 to 30 years down the road, someone else
might find it interesting."

Hardly. The disk will crash, the computer will get obsolete and disposed
without the files being transfered to a new one, the storage medium and its
technology would change, old file format would get desupported with nothing
to read your RAW image files etc etc etc.

Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,