Old September 14th 04, 03:37 AM
Frank ess

Hunt wrote:
In article ,
says...

snip

Frank,

Thanks. Actually, I had been thinking about everything BUT the
MB-E5700. I'll stop by my camera shop on Wed. and talk to the
salesman. Since I've been an NPS member, since the 70's I suppose
that I could go that route, however, NPS ain't what it used to be. I
appreciate the response, and will pursue a replacement - one way, or
the other. BTW, how did you get this info? I've done a bunch of
searching and have looked at every Nikon site for something to help
me, with NO LUCK, what so ever.

Appreciated,
Hunt

I heard of it through one or another of the Yahoo! Nikon groups, if I
remember correctly. Of course there is no guarantee of that: within the
past few days I revisited a Web site whereon one of the victims has
numerous photos of the offending battery compartment projection (that
kept certain brands of cell from making perfect contact-short nipples)
to see his update. Now I can't remember how I got there, nor the name of
the fellow who put it there.

A year or so there were a number of posts about the problem and its
resolution in some online place I was reading. But I can't find those
either.

But it is out there. I promise.

--
Frank ess