Old November 16th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.misc
Peter Chant[_2_]

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

Neil Harrington wrote:

So it is with digital. They'll keep making compacts (and I love 'em, I'll
keep buying 'em along with DSLRs) but except for the occasional niche
camera, which by definition will be of extremely limited appeal, compact
cameras just aren't going to be taken as seriously as they used to be.
What you'll see in the coming years will be the continued migration of
manufacturers currently making high-end compacts, to making DSLRs.

Good points, I've not made the jump yet (ignoring camera phones), a nice
compact digital camera, that works like a proper camera would be nice,
possibly thinking of Ricoh GR-D or probally more useful GX100, however an
SLR would offer more, except the pocketableness. Price difference between
the Pentax K10D and those two compacts is not much.

If I buy one the K10D makes more sense.

Pete

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk