Old July 11th 10, 03:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default Future Safe ? :- Batteries for Hasselblad 503CW & Minolta Maxxum7xi

On 10-07-10 22:45 , 42FHMXZ7 wrote:
Hi ,

I have made the switch to digital photography Panasonic Lumxix TZ3&
Sony a-900 a while ago but I wanted to know how long will it be before
medium format film production and the batteries for the Hasselblad and
the Minolta Maxxum 7xi is stopped ?

Do people think these cameras will still be working in 20-30 years
i.e. will parts be available like batteries .

I've bought a few extras for my Maxxum 9 and 7xi. The Maxxum 9 battery
(2)is also the same as for my light meter (1).

10 years? Probably.

20 - 30? Hard to say. But some sort of home made or 3rd party adaptor
might work.

I sold my Maxxum 9 vertical grip, but I did consider that it could also
be a battery pack for the 9 (using AA batts) in the event that the batts
are no longer available. I suspect used grips will be available in the
future in any case.

As to the 503 it can be used without battery power at all. And in a few
years digital backs for it will be cheaper (used) and the back can be
used to meter via the histogram.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.