Old May 19th 17, 12:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default David Brooks can be an interesting person...

On Thu, 18 May 2017 11:45:35 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

Eric Stevens
Wed, 17 May 2017
01:08:35 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On Wed, 17 May 2017 00:28:09 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

Eric Stevens
om Tue, 16 May 2017
22:32:14 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On Tue, 16 May 2017 10:32:33 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

David Brooks can certainly appear friendly enough, but...

http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk/bdemail1.zip

ZIP file? I won't touch it. :-(

Not very tech savvy eh?

Quite the contrary.

Once you start a zip file running things happen so fast you have
no effective control over what it does.

A zip file running? It's not a self extracting .zip file. It has no
executable code (or attached scripts) with which to begin 'running'
It contains no executable programs, either. It contains a single
ascii text file...

You say that but I don't *know* that. Nor, despite your belated
claims, do I know what it contains. I don't know you and, again,
despite your claims do I know you are an expert in anything.

I am sufficiently cautious about what I feed my computer that among
other things I have HTML disabled for my email and run Malware Bytes
among other things. I am currently being bombarded via email with
opportunities to open all kinds of files from all sorts of strange
people so when someone I have never previously heard of invites me to
open a ZIP file without explanation I reject the opportunity.

With your claimed expertise and background you should know enough to
not be surprised when people turn down your invitation.

And read (for example)
https://www.opswat.com/blog/how-do-i...-other-malware

or http://tinyurl.com/lwyooxp

Did you read it?

Yes I did. What's more I understood it. Do you think it is appropriate
to subject the casual news group subscriber to this kind of nonsense
and risk. "Clean original file with malicious files found after
extracting".

Eric Stevens