Old May 18th 17, 01:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default X-T2 @ Yosemite Today SOOC

On 5/18/2017 12:49 AM, Bill W wrote:
On Thu, 18 May 2017 00:37:33 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 5/18/2017 12:07 AM, Bill W wrote:
On Thu, 18 May 2017 15:55:30 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

There is more to it than that. The colors look slightly off and the
lightin is peculiar. I have had a quick go at one of your shots with
Photoshop although this required dabbling in unfamiliar territory. See
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6dbcdd34m...3-EES.jpg?dl=0

Now the sky is purple...

Hmm.
Talk about ambiguity.
Song, or LGBT?

Nah, I'm a boring person. It's neither, just an objective comment. I.

wish I could do better...

You can. The same way you get to Carnegie Hall. Practice, practice,
practice. ;-)

Seriously, the only one you need to please is yourself. We don't all
like the same thing. When, not if, I produce something that others don't
like, I try to sit back and see is it me, or the viewer
Two examples:
In this image I deliberately oversaturated the colors, and oversharpened
for the effect.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qg51cxzw9xlp8io/Inedible.jpg?dl=0

A more realistic view of the wild turkey:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ao4wqtcalfsrlma/Thanksgiving%20escapee.jpg?dl=0

If you decide to enter competitions, have a thick skin. Here is one that
i really like. It did very well at my local CC and in our parent
organization, but it did not get a ribbon at NECCC, several years ago.
when I picked up the print, one of the judges volunteered that they
really liked the image, but if I had shown the eyes, it would have won
some placement. To me the image was the chimps appearing to be studying.
Had I lightened the eyes of the right hand chimp, it would not be the
same image. i simply thanked the judge.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w752wmkxu6aqg5r/the%20cxonference.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN